Just in case you were wondering. This is about sock PrOn. I am taking part in the message board swap over at Lime ‘n’ Violet.
1. What kind of fibers do you prefer? I prefer natural fibers such as wool and alpaca. But I do knit with plant fibers. Let me clarify this though, I do not knit with cotton. The plant fibers have to be blended with something before I can knit them. For some reason, knitting cotton hurts my shoulder.
2. What kind of weight do you prefer (sock, worsted, bulky)? Mostly sock but that doesn’t mean I don’t knit other things.
3. Do you spin? More like play at spinning. I have problems drafting.
4. Do you crochet? I know how to crochet but I can’t read a crochet pattern. I use crochet to finish things though.
5. Are there any books, patterns, magazines would you like to own that you don’t? I am always on the look out for sock patterns. And I love old books and history books.
6. Are you participating in any themed a-longs like the Project Spectrum? Project Spectrum and the Green Sock-a-long. Oh yeah, Bloomin’ Feet too.
7. Do you have a wishlist on Amazon.com or Half.com? (provide a link) Amazon but it is more like a holding list of things to check out when I go to the bookstore.
8. Any Etsy stores that you would love to get something from? Etsy? You mean temptation central. I have a few favorite vendors over there but I always like to try new sock yarns. I love indie dyers and spinners. I also have a favorite dealer for sock yarn.
9. What other crafty things are you involved in (quilting, drawing, painting)? I am a quilter, a needleworker, draw sometimes, and read and write quite a bit. Basically if you can thread it through the eye of a needle or couch it, I have tried it. I learned embroidery at a very early age so it is always something that I will pick up every so often. I love counted thread needlepoint though. I will have to remember to take some photos to explain this. Counted thread needlepoint is done on needlepoint canvas but the canvas is part of the design.
10. What is your favorite sort of scent? Tropical scents like plumeria and jasmine. But I also love lavender.
11. Do you have a sweet tooth and what kind of sweets do you like best? I love dark chocolate and Swedish Fish. The thing is that I actually eat very little chocolate. But I can sit down and eat several Swedish Fish in one sitting.
12. What kind of music do you like? Let’s just say my music taste is very eclectic. Right now I listening to “One Night in Bangkok” and the song before it was a song in Spanish and hopefully some U2 will pop up soon.
13. What do you like to knit? And for whom? Simple, socks. And mostly for me or anyone who has the same size foot as I do. But I do knit for others.
14. What sort of things do you like to collect? I collect sea turtles and dragons. (I like Chinese dragons out of the Asian dragons but I still like other dragons too.) (I have a Chinese dragon tattooed on my back if that gives you a clue.)I also collect fire trucks.
15. Do you want needles? And what kind do you prefer? I could always use more size 0s. I am hoping to get my hands on a set of Celtic Swan dpns when they become available again.