Here are my answers for my partner on the Earth Day Swap over at Swap-Bot
1. What colors do you prefer? I like all sorts of colors except solid yellows. Most of my yarns tend to be variegated yarns or semi-solids.
2. Have you ever knit socks? If not, are you willing to try? (If not, do you own any double point needles?) Yes. I knit socks all the time.
3. Have you tried any of the earth friendly fibers? If, so which ones have you tried? What did you knit? What did you like or dislike about the fiber you tried? Would you try it again? I have tried recycled silk. I wasn’t too happy with it the first time I tried it but I am going to give it another try. I think my pattern choice may have had quite a bit to with it. You can not force a fiber to be something it doesn’t want to be.
4. Is there a particular fiber you are hankering to try? I have tried recycled silk and I have a few skeins of the Tofutsies in my stash but I haven’t tried it yet. But I am always looking to try new fibers and new needle arts.
5. Do you have any allergies? (Fiber or otherwise.) Just strawberries.
6. How do you plan to celebrate Earth Day? Or, how have you celebrated Earth Day in the past? I normally go over the festivities at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia. My area just seems to not do much with Earth Day. But the drive over is nice and there is plenty of antiquing to be done over there. I have also spent Earth Day out on the river, kayaking.
7. Do you have any Earth Day resolutions? What are they? To try and reduce my footprint on the earth
Yarn likes – I do tend to have quite a few variegated yarns in my stash but I am always willing to try new colors to me. The only colro that I do not like is solid yellow. But yellow is fine as part of a variegated color way.