Okay, I am addicted to swaps. I will admit it. And I am addicted to sock yarns. I don’t think any one is going to argue with me there. So I decided to start a new swap up over on Swap-Bot. The swap involves diving into your sock yarn stash and pulling out enough sock yarn to knit a pair of socks in a bright color. Simple. Nothing more complicated than that. And of course, I am hoping that others think so as well. The name of the swap is Stash Socks – Brights. Swap-Bot is a great way to swap things. I have enjoyed every swap I have done there. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me. And this is an international swap.
Daily Archives: March 29, 2007
This is a repost since I posted the answers rather early and it has gotten buried. –
I am posting this know simply because my mind is still slightly foggy over the time change. I was so worried about getting up in time for class yesterday, I was up an hour before the alarm clock was scheduled to go off at 6 am. Yes, I was up at 5 am yesterday. It will take me another day or two to get used to the time change. And yes there were at least 2 people late to class yesterday because they forgot to reset their clocks.
Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire
1. What’s your favourite type of yarn? sock yarn
2. What’s your least favourite type of yarn? anything scratchy or acrylic
3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? look for the sock yarn to see if they have anything that I have not seen before
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? quilt, embroidery, all sorts of needlework
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? I do not subscribe to the knitting magazines. I prefer to buy them at the newsstands which translates to a trip to Borders every two weeks. I love the Britsh magazines the best right now though.
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Food / Home / Celebrity Gossip / Garden / Other crafts
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? socks mostly
8. Are you allergic to anything? strawberries
9. What do you like to smell of? tropical flowers like jasmine and plumeria
10. What’s your favourite way to relax? read and knit socks
11. You’re stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? this is a toss up but I would probably end up in the Italian cafe. Although the tea room and bakery are calling me.
12. What do you come out with? A latte (soy of course) from the cafe. If the tea room wins, a nice hot pot of Earl Gray. From the bakery, it would be whatever catches my eye in the pastry case.
13. Where do you go next? Tea room
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? I love surprises and getting mail.
Just a quick note to say that I am in between exams at the moment. Took one last night and I have a retest tomorrow. Today was a fire prevention program for the local seniors group. I also need to get together some fire prevention stuff for the local food bank that is run by our town’s former burgess. (burgess = mayor)
One more heel to turn on my socks in Interlacements. I need to knit socks!!!!
edited on March 30 – I passed both tests including the retest!!!!!