Okay, I was tagged by Dani over at Knit ‘n’ NASCAR for 8 things.
And here are the rules –
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1. I know tons of useless information. I am the person who you hate to play trivia games with unless sports are involved. I don’t like sports.
2. I used to compete in junior high and high school in debate and forensics. I won some awards in junior high for extemporaneous speech in junior high. I liked debate but I was better at forensics. I placed second in children’s literature reading and poetry at the county level my junior year of high school. And I was on the academic team ,y senior year.
3. I like to confuse people when I tell them I am Chinese. Technically, I am. My passport says I was born in China so therefore I am Chinese. See it is all logical.
4. I know more than the average person about wild land fires. The management system that is used in the fire service is based on the system developed in wild fires in California during the 70s. So I know that a strike team is comprised of 5 of anything. An IC (incident commander) in San Diego yesterday called for 150 more strike teams. He wanted 750 more engines!!!
5. I do not watch television. I disconnected my cable a few years ago and like it better that way. I do use Netflix but really only watch movies 2 or 3 nights a week. I am generally reading or knitting while listening to the DVDs.
6. My tastes in music are very eclectic. Although I do have a preference for Celtic music. Have you hear Old Blind Dogs? You should give them a listen.
7. I can fake being confident although inside I would rather be at home reading or out hiking. I really am shy.
8. I have a slight addiction to sock yarn. P, be quiet!!! Your addiction is just as bad.
Now I get to tag 8 people. So let me so who I want to tag…. P of Knit Buddies is first on the list. She is always first on the list. I am also going to tag my friend Guinfer over at Halfway Down the Stairs. Joy over dynamiteknits is also tagged which means she will blog!!!! Suz over Scattered Gemini is also tagged. Kris over at The Knitting Wannabee is alos tagged. And I will also tag MG from Knit Buddies. If you want to be tagged, consider yourself tagged.